How to Obtain your Colorado Marriage License
You must obtain a marriage license in the state of Colorado if you are to be legally married here. (One from your home state won't work if you're not from Colorado.)
Marriage licenses cost $30 and some counties only accept cash payments. You may obtain your marriage license at any County Clerk and Recorder's Office in the state of Colorado. Note: most of them are not open on weekends, so take that into consideration when arranging for your time here.
Some counties allow you to pre-apply online. Most counties do not require an appointment. You must bring photo identification. Other logistics of getting legally married in Colorado are the following:
- The two of you must appear together in person in order to obtain the license
- The license is good anywhere in the state of Colorado
- There is no waiting period--you may have your ceremony immediately after picking up the license.
- The license is valid for 30 days
- No blood test is required
- If you have been married before, you will need to provide the date and place of divorce or death of previous spouse.
Links to Most-Visited Colorado Clerk and Recorder Offices
Colorado Front Range
Jeremy, thanks so much. Our photos look amazing! We really appreciate you helping make our day even more special.
January 14, 2017
Contact Me for More Info and My Availability
I am based in Golden, Colorado--the heart of the foothills--with easy access to the Colorado Front Range and the Rocky Mountains.
I photograph intimate weddings throughout Colorado, with emphasis on Denver/Boulder, Estes Park, Breckenridge/Keystone, Vail, Winter Park, Grand Lake and Colorado Springs. Additional travel fees added for Aspen, Crested Butte, Telluride and Steamboat Springs.